martes, 24 de julio de 2012

Who Are You?


Last Sunday we were sharing with a group of friends at a "cook-out". On our side was a friend who is pregnant. My daughter Camila approaches, touches her belly and asks, "Is that your miracle?"... Everyone ends up with tears.

After years and tears and many treatments, our doctor's diagnosis was: "Infertility"... My wife was physically deprived of having babies, but our doctor who is an "unbeliever", said, "You are believers. Ask for a miracle"... A week after that diagnosis, I cried and complained to God. I shouted: "Why can't I have a baby?" and God answered immediately through a song on my car's radio. The chorus says: "With my faith I'll reach up to you. With my faith I'll touch you. I'll receive my miracle and I know that I'll be transformed". A month after the diagnosis, the unbeliever doctor, confessed with his mouth: "Yokasta, you received your miracle: You are pregnant." And that doctor, came to our babyshower, came to Camila's first birthday and it's, to this day, our friend.

I know I've written many times about Camila's testimony, but on Sunday I realized how important it is to keep doing it... especially for Camila. Camila is 3 years old and she already knows who she is... She knows she it's a miracle baby that came from God.

Do I know who am I? Who are you? Do you know who you are? How do people call you? The fat? The crazy? The gossiper? The liar? The lazy? The doctor? The Pastor? The deaf? The abused? The drunk? The divorced? The orphan? The single mother? The abandoned? The unemployed? The unfaithful? The undocumented? The drug addict? Disabled? WHO ARE YOU? It is one of the most important questions of your life.

God knows the importance of this question and the meaning of it's answer. When Jesus was baptized, the Bible tells that God said about Jesus: "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased." (Mark 1:9-11 NASB). Why did He said that? Because of the people listening or to give affirmation to His Son? I think it was for both reasons.

Later, with a stronger ministry, with fans, fame and an unblemished reputation, Jesus asks the question to his disciples: “Who do people say that I am?” Why did Jesus ask that? Why is it important to know? They respond that people think different things. Jesus asks: "But who do you say that I am?”, to what Peter replies: "You are the Christ." (From the Greek Christos, meaning anointed or chosen)... the question is a little different... "BUT who do YOU..." It's like Jesus saying what people think is important, but not a priority... But you guys "who do you say I am?"... asks Jesus. (Mark 8:27-30 NASB)... What does my friends think?... Jesus implies.

Six days later, Jesus calls a meeting with Peter, James and John... They are close friends of Jesus. They have confessed with their mouth who they think Jesus is, but Jesus wants them to understand something: It's not who YOU THINK you are... not even what OTHER THINK you are, but who GOD SAYS you are... and take them to experience the transfiguration. In a vision, Jesus is placed by God between Moses (representing the Law) and Elijah (representing the prophets) and you hear a voice from heaven: “This is My beloved Son, listen to Him!” (Mark 9:2-8 NASB).

Who are you? Better said, Who have you allowed to answer that question for you? Who have you allowed to define who you are? Have you heard the voice of God telling you who you are? There is no feeling like it... look what the apostle Peter reminds us:

"9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."

Stop listening to the crowd, even pay less attention to your close friends... seek for God to tell you who you are. Who does God says you are? Has Him give you that answer? Why don't you ask? I assure you that His answer will change your perspective of everything.

JUST SAYING!!!

Dios te bendiga,

0 comments:

Publicar un comentario