jueves, 1 de noviembre de 2012

Happy Halloween?


Yesterday I didn't want to write about Halloween... I didn't want to waste your time repeating what all religious leaders are saying on social networks, radio and television stations, and from the pulpit: "Halloween comes from the Devil"... Obviously, I agree with them that the meaning behind this "holiday" is totally pagan and demonic, REGARDLESS of your intention on celebrating it... not to speak of the frenzy and risk that is seen in the city during this "holiday"...

This is a true story that witnessed a friend. It was a conversation in a store:
   DAUGHTER: Mom, buy me the Devil's costume.
   MOTHER: (Shocked) Oh! no girl.
   DAUGHTER: Yes mom. Halloween is the Devil's birthday and I want to look like him.

When I heard the story I felt sad because chasing "fun" we have allowed dark ways to cover our lives. Why celebrate death? Why celebrate darkness? Why having "fun" through the dramatization of death, murder, etc..? Is not only Halloween... I think overall we have learned to crave the darkness, the obscure, the confusing, the unexplained, whatever it's not clear...

I took the picture you see above on my way home and I was shocked by the darkness in the sky towards the Salem area... Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not looking seeing the Devil everywhere, but last night I felt the burden for my city and I couldn't do more than pray. At 2 am I woke up and I could not sleep, I kept interceding and at 4 am, my wife Yokasta and my daughter Camila woke up... we prayed together and... Well, Camila asked for pancakes, but that's another's day reflection... At 4 am, I pushed myself to sleep because I had to work.

I really don't understand it. We invest a lot of money on pills, surgeries and gyms, we sacrifice our bodies with body sculpting clothing, diets, etc... to Celebrate death?

Fall is the time of harvest. Why not celebrate life instead? Why not celebrate that God makes the earth fertile for us? Why not celebrate the fall as the start-up time for the winter? Why death?

Today I don't have for you answers or an encouraging message... rather it is a warning message... LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE CELEBRATING AND TO WHAT ARE YOU OPENING DOORS IN YOUR LIFE...

I'll leave you a passage from the Bible:
10 and find out what pleases the Lord. 11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. 13 But everything exposed by the lightbecomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. 14 This is why it is said: “Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.”
15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. 18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord,

Don't wait until one of our children tells us that he or she wants to look like the Devil to begin checking what reflections of the Devil are we allowing in our lives.

JUST SAYING!!!

0 comments:

Publicar un comentario